Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looks Like a "No Snow" Snow Day

So, we still have no snow in Maine. I'm not complaining, I'm not a big snow person. I don't ski, ride snow machines, or even ice skate. They all seem like fun, it's just way too cold!! But the kids, on the other hand, would like to see some white fluffy stuff. I think I may have left the hospital with the wrong babies :)

I decided we could do the next best thing. We'll snuggle up with stories about snow and make some hot cocoa. Let's be honest, that is the best part about Winter anyway. I have a Saydie, so Sadie and the Snowman is one of our favorites :)


And of course the hot cocoa!!!!

CREAMY HOT COCOA
Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1/3 cup boiling water
  • 3 1/2 cups milk
  • splash of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half cream (if wanted, to cool down the cocoa)
Add the first three ingredients and mix together. Add the boiling water and then bring to a simmer. Keep stirring for 2 min. Add the milk. Warm to desired temp, but not boiling. Take off heat and add vanilla and half and half. Divide between 4 mugs. Top with whip cream and sprinkles for extra mommy points :)

No comments:

Post a Comment