Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Chili

I have made a lot of different types of chili before, but I kept hearing about pumpkin chili and if you know about my love of pumpkin, you'll know I had to try it :) I needed to modify it since I had no canned tomatoes or chili powder. Who knew you needed those things to make a chili? But it came out absolutely amazing!!! I'm glad I made a double batch :)

Pumpkin Chili

olive oil
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pound ground turkey
2 c pumpkin (this is one small can)
1 jar of your favorite salsa

1. Cook the onion, green pepper, and garlic in the oiled pan.

2. Add the ground turkey and cook till no longer pink.

3. Drain your turkey mix and add the pumpkin and salsa. Heat on low for about 20 min.

You can eat this over cornbread, corn chips, tortillas, or just eat it straight up. It's incredibly healthy and easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment