Friday, September 30, 2011

All New

I've decided to drop the Bubblegum and Lollipops blog and start a whole new one right here. I've taken the summer off from writing/blogging and it has given me time to choose what I want to focus on. I will continue to do write ups about our efforts in saving money and striving to live a natural lifestyle, but I will include more on our homeschool adventures and cooking. I'll also be doing a lot of posts on how to survive a layoff. I will try to include more photos and giveaways, too.

So, I guess I've decided to make this blog about our life. We are unconventional in most of our choices, but we thrive in them. We have a large family (4 children are astronomical in our society), we choose to keep them home for the majority of their education (they have taken classes at our local public school in the past and I would do that again if I thought they needed it), we choose for me to be at home (even during a layoff we will do everything we can to ensure that because we see that as my "mission field" right now), we choose not to live beyond our means (that seems like an oddity nowadays), and we strive to live a natural lifestyle (removing as many chemicals from our food and home as we can). I hope this blog will encourage others to step away from the well beaten path and find the one that works for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment